We aim to provide a well laid out space where up to ten people can safely work on their projects. Regards facilities, while we’d like to eventually have more specialized machinery, the initial goal is as follows:
Benches and Tables
Solid Timber Cabinet Makers Bench x 5
To be constructed on site. Requires wood working vice, possibly on both long sides to allow 2 people working per bench.
- $500 each
Drop / Compound Cutoff Saw
A large, high quality 10 inch dropsaw with a tables to either side and extraction for sawdust.
- Mitre 10 LS 1019L – $1049
25-30cm blade tilt and rise, with panel cutting ability.
- Machinery Warehouse Panel Saw – K050 / W454 $2722
- Jacks Hammer K3 Panel Saw – $9800
- Jacks Ascent SA250ST
With floor kit ideally.
Under over plane / thicknesser
Minimum 15cm mouth.
- Jacks Hammer N4400 Bandsaw – $4500
Dust extraction unit
With piping for all major tools.
- Machinery Warehouse – K047 $1100 ex gst
- Jacks Felder Multi Power Line
- Tormek T8 –
Power tools (mains)
Beltsander: Mitre 10 Makita 9403 – $739
Drill: Low speed, high torque capable mains powered: Mitre 10 Hikoki D13VG(G1Z) – $400
Plate / Biscuit joiner: Jacks Virutex
Handheld Power Plane:
Power tools (battery)
Ideal Milwaukee M18 Fuel M18FPD / M18FDD2 with two batteries : $485 + gst
- 10 x 1.5m Pony or similar pipe clamps
- F clamps large
- F clamps small
- Dust masks (for sale to participants)
- First Aid Kit
- Power emergency cut out for whole workshop